Your Ad Here

Posted on Thursday, August 19, 2010 by zaib Unisa | 1 comments

Nepal Workshop on “Digital Journalism”
by: Zaib-Un-Nisa Gharshin

The UN Organization for Alliance of Civilizations is keen to promote friendly relations between East and West. One of the strategies to achieve this objective is arranging
Ms. Zaib-Un-Nisa Gharshin receiving her certificatetraining workshops and seminars in different parts of the world. The UN Alliance of Civilizations (UNAC) joined hands with International Centre for Journalists (ICFT) and an International Organization named “Search for Common Grounds” (SCG) to arrange a three day workshop for 31 journalists from Pakistan from 4th-8th January, 2010. This workshop was held in Nepal. The rationale behind holding the workshop at Kathmandu, Nepal was the fame of the country as a Centre of Buddhism which is noted for tolerance of its followers. The three resource persons for the workshop were Mr. Danish Mansoor, Media and Partnership Officer UNAC, Ms. Huda Usman, representative of International Centre for Journalists and Mr. Reshad Bukhari, editor ‘Common Ground News’ of Pakistan.
I was among the group of journalists selected for training at the workshop. The workshop focused on the importance of reporting, the influences of reporting on the society, the selection of proper contents in reporting and the application of information technology in reporting.

Ms. Huda Usman, talked at length about use of technology in journalistic reporting, the selection and attachment of appropriate snaps, movie-making, use of e-mail facility, quality control of web-sites and scanning the web for proper material.

The participants were also taken on a tour of historical places in Nepal to reinforce the imprints of heritage and culture of Nepal, they were taken to the Nepalese Cholo, Buddha Stupa, Swambhi Temple, Sunrising Point Nagarkot and the Royal Palace.

The journalism workshop in Nepal was a befitting opportunity for the participants to exchange information and views. The need for including journalists from the western hemisphere was expressed at the workshop and the organizers promised to explore the feasibility of doing so. It is expected that joint efforts of Common Ground Network, International Centre for Journalists and UNAC would yield positive results in bringing about unity and harmony in the world.

1 comments:

MAKSIM ALEK said...

I think you have a great article here, But let me share with you all here about my experience with a loan lender called Pedro Loans who helped me expand my business with his loan company that offered me a loan amount of 600,000.00 USD which I used to upgrade my business months ago. He was really awesome working with him because he a Gentle man with a good heart, a man who can listen to your heart beat and tell you that everything will be OK, when I contacted Mr Pedro it was on my Facebook page that his advert came up then I visited his office to discuss about the loan offer that he and his company render, He makes me understand how all process go then I decided to give a try to it was successful just like he promised, yeah I believe him, I trust him, I rely on him as well about all my project he will be my dear financial officer and I'm glad my business is probably going well and I'm going makes my business growth like grass with his help.he work's with a great investors and guess what? They also give international loans. Is that not awesome to hear when you know a lot of business project are growing up each day by day in your heart hoping that you going to make income of that job to raise money for the project, Ops, then Mr Pedro will help you with that, Yes international loan he will help you with that perfectly because I trust him very much for that kind of job, Look don't be shy or shaded give a possible try to Mr Pedro here his contact : pedroloanss@gmail.com.

Post a Comment